What is the Write Your Life Story Workshop?
In Write Your Life Story, Two Pages at a Time, you explore carefully selected life themes. In this intensive workshop, we use Guided Autobiography, a semi-structured process developed by Dr. James Birren, founding dean of USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology, where you complete a modified life review.
This program is open to those who want to capture their life stories. No writing experience is required, written work will not be edited or critiqued, and there is no pressure to publish finished stories.
What do students do with their finished stories?
- Most students type up their stories and give copies to their family and loved ones.
- Others leave a copy of their stories with their wills.
- A few students create a scrapbook with photos, recipes and other memorabilia
- Some read their stories to create audio or video.
- If you decide to publish your finished stories, I can help you with that process in a separate workshop.
In this unique program, you write from the heart on themes carefully selected for your class. The goal of the class is to encourage, support, and empower you to treasure and appreciate your life.
As your certified guided autobiography (GAB) instructor, I lead you through activities that will stimulate your memories and spark creativity and self-learning. Each week during this 5-week workshop, you will write a two-page story at home and then read it in class.
Here is a class meeting online.
Listen to the experiences shared by students from various Guided Autobiography classes.
Five Wednesdays, October 4, 11, 18, 22, November 1
3 p.m.—5 p.m. Pacific Time
4 p.m.—6 p.m. Mountain Time
5 p.m.—7 p.m. Central Time
6 p.m.—8 p.m. Eastern Time
CLICK HERE to see the time in your area if not listed above.
This workshop will be offered ONLINE ONLY. To participate you will need
- Internet access–reliable wi-fi
- A computer, webcam, and good microphone (preferably USB)
- One of the following browsers:
o Mozilla Firefox
o Google Chrome (preferred by most)
• Adobe PDF plug-in (a free download obtained at Adobe.com .)
- Microsoft Word
Before you enroll in the class, sign up to get invited to one of the no-obligation introductory webinars that will be held during the weeks of September 18th through 29th. In this session, you will
- practice using the online classroom
- learn what assignments to expect
- learn what participation is involved
⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
Who participates in this workshop?
This workshop is right for you if
- you know you have a story and it’s time to tell it
- you have put off writing your life story for a long time
- you want to write your story, but aren’t sure how to start
- you are at a transition in your life where you’re leaving behind the old
and unfamiliar and heading to something new and uncertain
- you seek the company of other like-minded people to share your story-writing experience
Your attendance is important to the success of the workshop. If you know in advance you have a scheduling conflict that will prevent you from attending all five classes, please wait to attend a later workshop.
Your investment is $179.00
Enroll by midnight September 30, 2017
and get the full five-week workshop for the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL of only $149
This workshop is limited to 8. Preregistration required.
Got questions? Call Flora at 714-401-2261.
Flora Morris Brown helps you capture your life stories. She delivers out-of-the-box insights and unique results. She is a Professor Emeritus from Fullerton College where she taught critical thinking for 20 years. She is the author of 12 books. Learn about them on her author page at http://amazon.com/author/florabrown