Write Your Life Story, Two Pages at a Time
“If a picture paints a thousand words, a story paints a thousand pictures.” ~Terrence L. Gargiulo
Have you longed to write your life story, but don’t know how to start?
Join me and a small group as I guide you through stimulating activities that will spark memories that define your life story. Bring paper and pencil or your laptop or tablet to begin writing your life story.
No previous writing experience required. Just be willing to write from the heart what you remember and are comfortable sharing with the group. This workshop uses guided autobiography, a semi-structured process developed by Dr. James Birren, founding dean of the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology.
This workshop is ideal for you if
• you want to leave your story behind for your family
• you seek to share this experience with likeminded people
Saturday, July 8, 2017
10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
411 East Chapman Avenue
Placentia, CA 92870
Please note the following rules for participating in Placentia Library programs
Registration begins for Summer Program on May 20, 2017
Download the full rules and application here→ Summer 2017 Patron Registration Form
A few rules to note are:
• Space is limited.
• Registrants must be 18 or older to attend.
• Registration must be completed in person at the Placentia Library’s Information Desk
• A maximum of two registrants per Placentia or Anaheim Library Card number applies.
• A current Placentia or Anaheim Library Card is required for program registration.
• All programs are free to those who register and attend.
Flora Morris Brown, Ph.D., is an author of 12 books, speaker, and a certified guided autobiography facilitator. She is a Professor Emeritus from Fullerton College where she taught critical thinking for 20 years.